A friend of mine, who runs a recruitment agency, recently posted a link to this very interesting article on the web. According to the predictions of the author, 2012 is going to see some interesting changes in the way recruitment happens in companies, including a much stronger focus on social media.
Please head over and read the full article, but here’s a short summary:
- Intense hiring competition will return in selected areas;
- Retention issues will increase dramatically;
- Social media increases its impact by becoming more data-driven;
- Remote work changes everything in talent management;
- The need for speed shifts the balance between development and recruiting;
- Employee referrals are coupled with social media;
- Employer branding returns;
- The candidate experience is finally getting the attention it deserves;
- Forward-looking metrics begin to dominate.
It sounds a lot like the recruitment playing field of the mid- to late 90’s, with the addition of social media and a much stronger reliance on intelligent metrics. In short, relationships and reports have never been as important.
Good news! Just what I like.