Day 5 – compiling results for client #2
The Vision Team’s winning formula creates success for their team.
The Vision Team
This client is so energising. I always enjoy meeting people and spending time getting to know them and their business, but this client takes it to a whole new level. A family-run nutritional supplement company with a thirty-year track record of success, it’s easy to believe in the effectiveness of their products when I look at the energy, passion and good health of every member of the team and three generations of the family.
- What are we trying to sell? Client B is an independent GNLD distributor. The husband-and-wife team started their business in 1974, and their team is listed among the biggest distributors in South Africa. The goal of the website is to educate potential users about their need for good health, how GNLD meets that need, and how they can be a part of it all by starting their own businesses.
- To whom? Client B already has customers and distributors on almost every continent in the world (only South America remains unconquered). The goal of the website is to appeal to a younger target audience.
- How would you like it to sell? (eg: online/wholesale/retail etc) Currently sales occur through word-of-mouth referrals independent distributors. This needs to be maintained, and the website would add a string to the bow.
- What measurable goal would you like from the marketing? Again, we’re still defining the goals. The client would be excited to see enquiries coming from her website, but neither of us is 100% certain of what to hope for at this stage.
- What are the parameters? EG:
- Can I change the logo? No, the brand is well-established and cannot change.
- What are the prices? GNLD controls the pricing, and it’s fairly standard around the world.
- What is the Unique Selling Proposition (USP)? Client B has a unique approach to multi-level marketing that assures distributor success if it’s followed. This, coupled with their encyclopaedic knowledge of the product health benefits, creates a potent formula.
- Anything else? Last year my previous company created a disappointing site with little value, and almost no traffic (an average of no more than 10 hits per month). That site can be viewed at www.bestofnature.co.za
The client’s son has just returned from living in the UK for a number of years. He is a full-time distributor, around my age, focused on building a team of young, hungry entrepreneurs. Working with him will make the process a lot faster.
Great content writing, combined with a marketing strategy based on decades of online marketing success form the foundation of a potent relationship marketing plan.